HI GALS & WELCOME BACK:) Today’s post is all about my FAV low cal snacks & healthier options for you to pick up at your local grocery store to help ya STAY FIT DURING QUARANTINE or that you can make from home!!!
All of these snacks have helped me (combined with watching my calories (SAFELY!!!) and working out- see that post here: http://www.lovedbyrileyb.com/how-i-have-gotten-fit-during-quarantine-workout-edition/ lose over 13 pounds so far and feel much more healthy/confident!! These are just some of my FAVS so if you don’t like these, it’s all personal preference:)
I will just be simply writing these all in a list, BUT if you have any questions on how to make, calories for it, etc. please reach out to me in my DMs at @lovedbyrileyb !!
SNACKS FOR WHENEVER:
- Bare Apple Cinnamon Chips (a little less in a serving than I would like, but oh so yummy & healthier than normal chips) 110 per serving
- 94% Fat Free Popcorn (add salt!!)- I can eat 5 cups of this (the whole bag- which is super filling- for only 125 calories
- Applesauce– yummy and usually pretty healthy depending on the kind
- Light String Cheese– these aren’t super filling but can hold you over till dinner. 50 cals:) for one (IDK why I eat these so much because I am lactose intolerant haha)
- FRUITTT– lots of it. My favs are: grapes, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries!
EASY PRE-PACKAGED LUNCH MEALS: I really enjoy the Weight Watchers Smart Ones meals. They are easy and fast lunches that are pretty filling and mostly all under 350 calories. I have had the lasagna & pepperoni pizza and I would recommend to someone who doesn’t mind a lower cal meal, but may not have as much flavor as a traditional pizza (OBVI lol).
I hope this kind of shows that while it’s better to eat home-cooked, non-microwavable meals, there are still great options for when you are on the go or need a little variety to your meals:)
- Frozen Kind Bars– Dark Chocolate Almond Sea Salt Bars- SOOO GOOD. Literally a Snickers icecream bar- BUT much healthier (180 for one)
- HaloTop Cookie Dough Pops– mini in size, BUT taste like REAL cookie dough & only 50 calories!! Not much sugar either.
- MY FAV & the healthiest by far- Apples with Cinnamon (RECIPE HERE: https://listotic.com/2-minute-microwave-cinnamon-apple-dessert/ )
- ***I substitute the real butter with 0 cal/fat free butter, don’t usually do oats (can add for more substance) & I use 0 cal ground cinnamon!! ** THIS IS SO GOOD & pretty filling- only 110 calories & a perfect dessert!
- SkinnyCow icecream sandwiches/cones- THESE ARE YUMMY. They have vanilla and chocolate & taste just like real Blue Bell or whatever kind icecream sandwiches! 150-180 cal for one (more of a cheat item, but taste as good as normal treats)
- FROZEN GRAPES– I ate these ALL the time in the beginning as they are SOOO good frozen. I prefer red/purple ones. 100 or so calories for a cup- but healthier sugars obviously.
** Disclaimer: I only try to eat desserts like these 3 or so times a week, besides the Apple dessert which is basically just fruit lol, because these still have sugar, etc. that aren’t the best for you, BUT they are great for lower cal sweets**
I hope some of these snacks show you some low cal. options you may want to try out for yourself to save some calories & still snack!! I plan to do a post on low cal. Starbucks drinks & healthier fast food orders, if you want to see that. LET ME KNOW!!
Thanks for reading and I hope this post somewhat helped:)
Love y’all. XOXO, LovedbyRileyB