HI:) AND WELCOME BACK TO LOVEDBYRILEYB!! For today’s post, I will be detailing how I ate to lose over 10 pounds in a month, as well as be sharing some tips and tricks I have found:) This post is in coordination with my last post: “How I Am Getting Fit in Quarantine: Workout Edition” which I received such a great response from! So read that post (also in the link in my Insta bio) and this one and you will be caught up with how I have become healthier and more fit while being stuck at home:)
HOW I BEGAN (EATING):
- I began counting my calories using an app called: My Fitness Pal (highly recommend)
- In order to know how much I needed to consume, I used this basic Calorie Calculator I found on the web. It was simple and showed me how many calories I should eat a day to either lose 0.5 pounds a week, 1, or 2. I started with the goal of losing 2 pounds a week.
- I eat around 870 calories a day based on the calculator (which I would not fully recommend to go that low- but IT WORKS FOR ME- key word- ME lol) Usually experts recommend 1000+ calories per day!!
WHAT DID I LIMIT:
- I decided to do sweets (within my calories) such as SkinnyCow icecream sandwiches lol, apples with cinnamon, etc. about 3 times a week
- CHEAT MEAL- once a week (usually Saturday and dinner & dessert)
- I also sleep until 12-1 (WHOOPS) so I typically eat 2 meals a day and a few healthy snacks
- Make sure you are not only watching your calories, but MORE importantly that you watch your fat, carb, etc. intake!
- I still ate red meat, as my family does on a daily basis, but in smaller doses (usually 4 oz or less) –> when given the option choose fish or chicken!!
- BALANCE IS KEY!! If you make your meals balanced and not overeat at one meal, then you are less likely to binge and instead will be more full for longer.
- Don’t overeat! Eat when your hungry and not just for pleasure/or when your bored. (If your hungry, chose healthier or low cal options).
- On the other end of that, if your hungry- EAT!!! Don’t starve yourself. I found a BUNCH of great snack foods that are low cal/healthy that I will be sharing in my upcoming blog post!!!
- #1 TIP- DRINK MORE WATER!! I cut out all other drinks besides an occasional Crystal Light (sugar free) lemonade mix, so I only drink water!
- Pro Tip– Put some lemon juice in it to add some taste & supposedly;) help speed up your metabolism.
FOR EXAMPLE (A EXAMPLE OF A DAY OF EATING I WOULD HAVE):
- Breakfast: 1 egg with a piece of whole grain toast (use fat free/0 cal butter) and you can splash a little bit of cheese with your egg (if more hungry make 2 eggs or so)- 150 ish calories
- Lunch: I usually eat breakfast OR lunch b/c of how late I get up- but I recommend a low cal meal such as a Smart Ones meal or some snacks (post coming)– Those meals are usually 250-300 calories and keep me full almost all day!
- Dinner: Whatever my fam makes: 3 small tacos, a small bowl of whole grain pasta, etc.- Under 500 calories almost always- usually 300-400)
- Dessert: Apples with Cinnamon (RECIPE IN NEXT POST!! SO GOOD)- 110 calories
- & of course snacks:)
SNACK IDEAS: I am doing a post on this next in this series!! (Thinking my fav healthier fast food options, lower cal Starbucks orders, low cal desserts and snacks, etc.!!)
**** PLEASE be extra careful when counting your calories because it can be addicting and lead you down an unhealthy path ****
I would never want to recommend unhealthy and potentially harmful eating pattens and tracks for anyone- so PLEASE take what I am saying lightly and always contact a professional for the best nutritional information.
Lastly before I end this post off, I again want to direct you to my last blog post about my workouts I have being doing, loving, & seeing GREAT results from. Also attached in that post is some before and after pics:)
Thanks so much for reading & supporting me always! Means so much. As always, if you have any questions or comments please DM me @lovedbyrileyb on INSTAGRAM.
Love y’all! XOXO, LovedbyRileyB