HI & WELCOME BACK!! In today’s post, I will be relaying some of my fitness tips and tricks I have found that have helped me lose 10+ pounds so far during #quarantine and basically explain what I have been doing to stay fit at home. I will have a follow up post all about my EATING to get fit- because let’s be honest- FOOD IS EVERYTHING when trying to drop a few pounds and staying healthy.
I have never loved my body in the past years of highschool and truthfully I am thankful for these days stuck at home, because without that free time I really don’t think I ever would have kicked myself into gear to work towards the body I have wanted for myself.
I started out with a goal to eat healthier and began to track my calories & do a set of exercises daily to hopefully lose weight, BUT I saw very quickly that by following my new regime I would lose upwards of 2 pounds a week. I am not a very active person to be honest- ever since I quit dance in highschool, I would just do a few minimal workouts a week, but nothing much. I did begin going to HOTWORX (which I LOVEEE) a few times a week with my mama to do their infrared sauna classes of cycling and blast HIIT workouts. Honestly, we didn’t get to go as much as we had hoped due to my work after school, homework, commitments, etc. HOWEVER I will definitely continuing going to that when they re-open post-quarantine.
BUTTT since we are stuck at home and I cannot go to HOTWORX, I had to get creative and figure out how to workout at home and eat healthy with what I got.
HOW I BEGAN (WORKOUTS):
- I was watching TikTok one day when I saw SOO many videos suggesting the “Chloe Ting 2 Week Shred Workout Program” so I decided to try it myself! It is a 2 week schedule (ranging from 20 minute to 40 minute video workouts a day) with all different types of workout exercises
- I did those workouts every day (usually without the rest day) for the 2 weeks and TBH I did tend to do the days that have like 4 videos, by breaking them up (ie. instead of a rest day- I did the 2 arm workout and leg workout that day instead of doing them all in one day)
- I also first tried to run outside a straight mile & SIS could not do it, so instead I went on a walk mostly every day (1 to 2 miles with my pupper)
Disclaimer: The workouts are difficult at first, but get easier over the 2 weeks!
During these 2 weeks, I saw GREAT results and my starting to lose weight began.
AFTER THE 2 WEEKS (NOW):
- I decided to continue by doing 2 specific videos I LOVED during the shred program by Chloe Ting. The first one is a full body workout to help with weight loss and the second is a AB specific one that REALLY HELPS YA BURN
- I do those above videos EVERY DAY along with some cardio (either a light run/walk for over a mile or just a long 2-3 mile walk) except for again my one cheat/rest day a week
- NOW, my stamina has also vastly improved and I can run for a mile straight outside and I feel SO much better about myself!!
- Some days are better than others- when I feel less motivated I still make sure to either do a couple mile walk or the 2 videos above:) Getting your move on every day is very important!
Are you interested in seeing before & after pics?? If so, look below. This makes me feel v nervy but please be respectful:)
SIDE NOTE: The Front View- NOW photo- doesn’t really show the true progress due to lighting- I can see ab lines on the sides now. SO exciting for me:)
Also, what other fitness posts should I do? I am thinking my fav low cal/healthy snacks post, etc!!! LMK!!!
As always, please let me know if you have any questions/comments. I am always here to chat or answer anything.
LOVE Y’ALL and thanks for all your support. Means SOOO much!